Club Officials Mentoring Prog
Officials play a vital role in the athletics structure with clubs required to put forward their quota of officials at each league meeting, Points towards the teams scores are awarded (or deducted) accordingly For example at the first CSSAL match our athletes won the competition by 30 points, but when officials points were factored in we dropped to second by 7 points! Obviously this is disappointing for all concerned.
Since some may be unsure of what is required they may be reluctant to help out, the Club Officials Mentoring Programme resolves this in a friendly and relaxed manner.
So how does it work?
- The programme covers the very basics of what is required in a each area of Officiating, - Admin, Track, Field, Starting and Time Keeping.
- It will support parents, newer club officials or any interested parties to feel more confident and knowledgeable when officiating and could gain vital points for our teams.
- Sessions will be delivered by our very own friendly club officials.
- Sessions will take place on club training nights at Grangemouth Stadium in a relaxed manner.
- Sessions will be spread over 4/5 weeks
- Each session is about 1 hour long, with refreshments provided.
- You can attend as many sessions as you want - you don't have to attend them all
- Start date will be during Sept 2019 (finalised date will be communicated in due course)
- There will be an optional Assistant Officials course to end with. - those attending this course will be able to score points for our league teams.
- Those doing any part of the programme will continue to be supported by our club Officials
So why not come along and see what it is about? It will start on Sept 17th at 6.45pm in the Scottish Athletics Office at Grangemouth Stadium - first door past weights area.
Please register or raise any questions here